Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Social Media Surprise


I have to admit that I am easily sucked into those little quizzes on Facebook.  It entertains me a little too much to find out which Disney Princess I am, what song tells the story of my life, what I'll look like in 50 years.  It can be quite a rabbit hole of nonsense, so I have been trying to stay away from them.  If fact, with everything going wrong...I mean going on in my life lately, I've been limiting time on social media.  Since I have learned how to post without going on to actual sites, it's made the temptation easier to face.  But yesterday, after doing my chores, I granted myself some frivolous time.  

While scrolling through, I came across a quiz I couldn't say no to: Which Bible verse did God write for you?  Knowing full well that it is just a random generation of verses, I did it anyway.  After all, the worst that would happen is I get a good giggle and the best is that I would find a scripture that I could spend some time with, right?  

Wrong!  I went down a rabbit hole all right.  One that God used to start my year off right.  I spent 25 minutes hitting try again and every scripture was woven together in a blanket of Truth and unconditional love I needed to enter 2020.

"But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength."  2 Timothy 4:17 

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear."  Psalm 118:6

"God didn't bring you this far to leave you."  Philippians 1:6

"Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you."  1 Peter 5:7

"Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go."  Genesis 28:15

"'For I know that plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.'"  Jeremiah 29:11

"I have set the Lord always before me.  Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."  Psalm 16:8

"For with God nothing shall be impossible."  Luke 1:37

So social media may be a rabbit hole, but as Joseph once said in Genesis 50, "What you have meant for evil, God will use for good."  What thoughts to start a new year with.  2019 may not have been the year I wanted it to be, but thanks be to God, and a silly Facebook quiz, 2020 will start with my mind right where it belongs - focused on the one who is with me all the way.  With Him anything is possible!  Happy New Year!  

1 comment: